Friday, December 7, 2012

Pick Me Up

The weather has been a bit depressing lately with very little to no sun. As much as I love my dark vampy and depressing polishes, sometimes, all I need is a super bright manicure for a little pick me up.  

This look is super easy, all you need is tape, 2 colors and optional top and base coat.  I used Butter London's Jaffa, and Primrose Picnic.  I really liked pairing these two colors together because the tone of them are very similar. People at first don't usually see the two colors at first glance because of this but I think that is why I like it so much. It looks like a simple manicure but its got an extra oomph to it when they realize there are two colors!



 1. Tape half of your nail. You really need to push the tape along the edges and near the cuticle to avoid any polish seeping in.

2. I used 2 coats of Primrose Picnic

 3. This part is a little tricky, I removed the tape and painted the other side with Jaffa with no tape. 


11 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea! I can never paint my nails without going over the nail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh that looks pretty neat, it's subtle and different, and yaaa I need to go to toronto again soon, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice color-blocking! I love both colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great tutorial! I love the idea of color blocking on nails. I stumbled across your blog and fell in love! I am your newest follower, follow back?

    xoxo Sarah Beth

    Caring Cowls

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love them <3 i always try to do this stuff but it never works!


    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. super duper cute! love this :)

    xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! this is amazing! :D love your nails!!! :D

    xoxo
    http://bebe-doll.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this looks great! I think I would not be able to make this ;)
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! Really like your blog too!
    Have a great start in the week dear!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea


    http://georginagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete