Monday, October 29, 2012

Backstage at The Collections- Mac Cosmetics, Aveda, and Tips Nail Bar

I had to pleasure of being invited backstage during the Collections, where I got to see the hair, makeup, and nail process for Chloe Comme Parris and Label.

Chloe Comme Parris' look was inspired by the California girl hanging out on Venice beach.  The wavy hair was left down and a french braid that started on one side of the head and ended off on the other side. Tips Nail Bar created super cute look using a neutral color as the base (Skin by Mac Cosmetics) and lining it with a bright pink (Snob by Mac Cosmetics) around the edges. The makeup was effortless, minimal, and had a dewy wet finish to the face.

Label's look was more futuristic and finished compared to Chloe's.  The hair was either flat ironed or pulled into a high twisted ponytail.  The makeup was a bit edgy with the use of a  bright orange red on the lips and eyes. The two toned nails, on the other hand, had a  sleek, feminine, and minimal look to it which was achieved by using Skin, and Disco Tech (both by Mac Cosmetics).





 









*images by Rtai

10 comments:

  1. love the backstage shots!!! really cool! yeah i wish i got to see you at fashion week, maybe ill bump into ya soon!!! that would be great! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots backstage. I really like your blog! Keep up the good work!

    http://beamoazed.com/
    http://beamoazed.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah this looks like soo much fun!!! Love the shots!
    And those nude nails with the silver tips are killlller!!!!!!
    I neeed those nails!
    Love your blog!
    xox Beckerman sisters
    www.BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, what a dream! Love the nails and the flawless faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heaven for my eyes,love it honey!;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, awesome pictures! How I'd loved to be there, too. :)

    Well, thanks for your lovely comment!

    Would you like to follow each other? I'd be glad! :)

    Xx, Saritschka.

    http://saritschka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, this makes me want to play around with my hair and makeup...haha

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great backstage look - all the amazing manicures are killing me.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love backstage shots, they're always so chic and full of energy and movement even though photographs arrest the moment, it still insinuates a lot. So glad I clicked on your comment that led me back to your blog, and oh yeah I totes followed you since your posts' contents are info and image juicy so expect to be seeing some regular comments from me, you don't have to follow me back don't worry. Btw, since it's halloween today, do gaze upon my new DOMI-MATRIX look where yes, a plastic coat becomes my statement piece. A potential Halloween look might just end up looking too sexual... lol

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2012/10/domi-matrix.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I could be there, nice photos! :)

    ReplyDelete