Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pants Annoy Me

One of the things that I absolutely cannot stand are pants that are hemmed incorrectly.  Maybe I'm just picky, or maybe it's because I used to work at a tailoring store, but pants that are hemmed incorrectly are the bane of my existence. If I took the amount of time I spent staring at pant hems (hot spots include the library, subway, restaurants, and the mall) I could probably knit a blanket for every homeless person there is in Canada. 

 Top 4 Pant Peeves
  1. Jeans that are hemmed with the wrong color thread
  2. Jeans that are hemmed using the invisible stitch (What would posess you to do this? Have you ever bought jeans that were hemmed using the invisible stitch?)
  3. People who don't even bother hemming their jeans and just folds the excess fabric under. (That's the same method of how a kid cleans up their room, out of sight, out of mind.)
  4. When suit pants are too long/short (I know you young boys like to wear your pants down low and have it all baggy like you just came out of a rap video, but all it makes me want to do is cut off the excess fabric and hang myself with it)
 image via Primer Magazine

All 4 of these pant hem lengths are acceptable for suit pants though I personally find No Break absolutely horrendous. They're short enough as it is, by the time you sit down for lunch they magically become capris.

For more information about the useful things they should teach you in highschool, visit this lovely article written by Nicholas Taverna.

12 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a tailoring persons, but agree on everything :D Especially on the no break pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WatchMyBlogHere
    Love your blog! Hope you'll love mine and follow me back! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally agree. invisible hems are unforgivable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious. I very rarely notice how trousers are hemmed. I totally agree with you on the jeans though! I have noticed that before. Not hot. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool, great inspiration. You really know what you're doing :)


    Visit/follow each other
    www.thepileofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's not to adore here!Perfect,honey!;)
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pants analysis!

    Nora

    http://notenora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shoes all look great!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally agree ,great analysis.

    xoxo


    www.dresscodezero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha im exactly the same! nice and informative though :)

    lashesandlaces.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol. I wear pants too long mostly because I want them to look okay with heels so when I'm not wearing heels they're too long

    ReplyDelete