Monday, April 9, 2012

China Glaze: Hunger Games

It's been well over a month since the China Glaze Hunger Games collection has been released. I've just tested out some of the polishes and have yet to watch the movie or read the books.This would seem totally reasonable when I tell you I barely have time to wash my hair. Anyways...moving on to the goods.
 


Smoke and Ashes was so gorgeous that I had to include two pictures. It looks like a dark black/green polish with tiny green micro glitters that are so inconspicuous in regular lighting but oh so amazing in the sun.


Riveting. Man was I on the fence about purchasing this one. I NEVER wear bright pink, or any red polishes unless its so dark it almost looks black. I'm not sure when this was instilled into my mind but every time I don bright red/pink polish or lipstick, I envision myself as a baby prostitute. Go figure. Anyways, Riveting was more of a red orange color with micro glitter, which is probably why I am able to roll with it. (Glitter makes everything better).


Fast Track a putty beige with flakes of silver micro glitter is the perfect neutral polish.  A little on the sheer side but nothing that 3-4 coats can't cover. It also reminds me a bit of Nite Owl by Orly, though don't hold me to it as I have a memory of a goldfish. 


Harvest Moon looked a bit normal in the bottle but it blew me away after I applied it.  Like the other polishes, Harvest Moon has it's fair share of micro glitter in it.  On top of that, there is some weird foil flake texture thing going on. (That description is as good as it gets as I'm saving my words for a paper that has yet to be started.)



Stone Cold was so unexpected because it was the only matte polish in the collection.  This is first matte polish I've ever purchased because of all the terrible staying power they are known to have. Low and behold I was right. The polish chipped after 2 hours of application (In it's defense, I was typing for the two hours) and I removed it only have 1.5 days. Overall, pretty color but terrible staying power, stains like a bitch when removing. 

If you guys have any tips on how to apply mattes please let me know! It's too pretty to go to waste!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love all the shades! I really need to get some new colors for Spring!

    PS. We’ve a Gift Card Giveaway to LYLIF on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all of these colors!
    xLauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three colors are fabulous but the third one is my fave! :)

    Mani
    MARC JACOBS GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice colors :)

    I give blogs a makeover with my fashion illustrations so if you need a new blog header feel free to contact me:)
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/BaleaRaitzART

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first color and the neutral one!

    ReplyDelete