Thursday, March 15, 2012

Toronto Fashion Week Fall 2012- Day 3

Today was another long day after two hours of sleep this morning. I'm going to try to make this quick and short as my philosophy paper isn't going to write itself. I present to you Round Up Day 3 cliffnotes style. 

Eva Chen opened the show with a collection that was feminine and elegant using colors like dusty rose and forest green while keeping it a bit edgy with leather trims.  The wide variety of fabrics used such as lace, stretch wool, and tulle really created a visually interesting collection.



Vawk was the designer I was most excited about today.  The show consisted of two collections, one for his main line and his secondary label Vawkkin. Sunny Fong did an exceptional job maintaining elements of design from the main brand while creating a line that was affordable and more accessible for customers.
 


Cara Cheung's collection had a lot of interesting prints (sheer zebra/leopord chiffon, crinkled leather), and a gorgeous color palette which consisted of black, neon yellow, purple  silver. 



I absolutely adored the knits Line comes up with every season. Even more so now that they have branched off into leather. Combining leather and knitwear onto one garment is so unexpected because they textures are so different. Somehow, Line made it work so beautifully.


 Bustle- You're welcome


My favourite color scheme for a collection came from Melissa Nepton. Light gray, heather gray, black, white and pale minty blue worked amazingly well together. Things that stood out to me was the braided wool on the jackets and the color blocking that seemed to elongate the figure quite a bit.


  
Joe Fresh was probably the only show that had a full attendance. I would think that it is one of the most highly anticipated shows because of how accessible the garments will be. I've started my wishlist as there was a couple of life changing pieces.  There were definitely elements of the 90s in this collection, not that I’m complaining or anything!


4 comments:

  1. great post - there are a couple pieces that are beautiful. I also am going to have to keep my eye out for that olive green oversized Joe Fresh sweater!

    fashionable footprints

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Cara Cheung's designs!!!

    www.styliststeph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This collection is so beautiful! Love the first picture on the right!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I just found your Blog and I really like it :]

    Check out my Blog!!
    Have a nice Day! :*

    ReplyDelete