Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Toronto Fashion Week F/W 2012- Eva Chen

Eva Chen's Fall/Winter 2012 collection Elegance consisted of wearable suits for the fashionable business woman and romantic gowns filled with tulle, sequins, and feathers. The style and design lines were clean and thoughtfully placed which accentuated and elongated the female figure. Last Friday I had the pleasure of going backstage to have a quick interview Eva Chen during Toronto Fashion Week. 

Was there a specific moment you decided to pursue a career in fashion design?
"Not really... I just wanted a creative outlet.  I wanted every piece to be a dream come true."


Where do you find your inspiration?
"Inspiration comes from everywhere. It can come from just about anywhere.  I can be walking down the street when I think of a new idea."

I've noticed that you have lived in many different places such as Singapore, New York, and Vancouver. Do these places influence your designs?
"Yes, I find that if I live in Vancouver, my designs are more laid back.  It really depends on where I am living when I am designing my collection."

What does being part of the Canadian fashion industry mean to you?
"I love doing shows with Toronto Fashion Week.  They are really professional and it's really an amazing experience."



1 comment: