Saturday, October 22, 2011

LGFW Spring 2012- Anu Raina, Micala, Baby Steinberg

Having a day off with no classes is really convenient. Especially when it comes to attending events like LGFW. Sure, it would be even better if I didn't have school at ALL though I have a feeling when I start working I'll be wishing that I was studying again. 

It really is bittersweet as the last day of fashion week comes to an end. I had the pleasure of attending Anu Raina, Micalla, and Baby Steinberg, which were all phenomenal shows.

Anu Raina
Flowy fabrics, yet structured, bright pops of color, feminine prints, what is there not to like? The Anu Raina collection was probably my favourite in regards to wearabiity. The pieces are so romantic but always contrasted with something hard like a collar or fitted blazer.






Micalla




Baby Steinberg

Having seen Baby Steinberg's work previously at Rock The Runway
This show really still unique for many reasons...
1. All the materials used to make the garments were are recyled scraps of fabric
2. Music was provided live by a man singing and playing the acordian?!?
3. After the finale, models stood on platforms and the audience was invited to come take a close look.


Sure...most of the pieces arn't exactly for everyday wear but the SWEATERS look soo comfy. I must get my hands on one of those...









6 comments:

  1. The fabrics at Anu Raina look amazing! It is fairly great to get to attend fashion weeks isn't it? I only managed to attend London this year, but hopefully I'll make it to Paris next season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed browsing the fashion week photos!
    Thanks for sharing, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The collection of Anu Raina looks amazing! Those fabrics are wonderful.


    Anu Raina

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this post and also your blog! I follow u!
    pass to my blog and follow me too :D
    kiss
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving your blog!!! it was nice meeting you at LG Fashion week dear!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Collection looks great. So stylish, elegant and amazing.

    Download Monk Episodes

    ReplyDelete