Wednesday, October 19, 2011

LG Fashion Week Spring 2012- Lovas & Attitude by Jay Manuel

Like clockwork, every LG fashion week falls on midterm/hell week.  It never helps that the show is inconveniently located at Exhibition Place. However this year, LG fashion week was moved to David Pecaut Square which I find is a refreshing change. Though the venue is a little smaller, it gave a more frenzied vibe then Exhibition place.

The first show I attended was Lovas by Wesley Bedanjak. Because the Lovas show and Attitude by Jay Manuel show were back to back, I situated myself on the balcony so I could run (as fast as my 5" boots could take me) to the next show, hence all on-an-angle blurry pictures.

The Lovas collection had a tribal theme going which I thought could have turned out quite disastrous if the hadn't been done right. The feather head pieces were always smartly paired with a dress that was simple with clean lines whereas the printed dresses shied away from crazy head pieces. My favourite dress had to be the black strapless dress with corset like pleating in the front. Wesley managed to create a dress that had so much attitude and roughness with such beautiful flowy materials.







Attitude by Jay Manuel is always a fun show to watch because all the pieces are affordable.  I could practically see everyone making a mental list of what pieces they are buying as each look goes down the runway. 

This show was brilliantly styled, from the hair and makeup to the accessories (which I LOVED)There was literally a bit of everything in this collection, tribal prints, color blocking, tie dye... business looks, beach wear, loungewear. I think this is why Attitude will continue to be successful as they are able to market towards a large demographic in one collection.























 

 Which look is your favourite?

9 comments:

  1. One of everything please ;)

    But in all seriousness, I'm so envious of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like the first trench coat....
    oh i changed my account name, its not "its you".. its me..LOL
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. wauw i love them all! cant really decide.

    if you have time pleas visit my blog and become a friend if you want :) thanks

    XO Carmen,
    www.mydaiyfashiondosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos from
    Fashion Week!
    I adore it all.

    P.S. Thanks so much for your comment.
    I'm now following you via GFC; #115th follower.
    Follow mine, if you haven't.

    http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the black dress in the second photo and the accessories in these pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful collection!
    <3


    kiss
    Erika
    www.myfreechoice.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THE LAST SERIES THE BEST. THE BLUE PRINT, THE TEXTURE OF THE BEIGE SWEATER, AND THE TRENCH. I NEED A TRENCH COAT IN MY LIFE FOR FALL.


    COME VISIT ME!
    WWW.STYLEMAILBOX.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you enjoyed the show girl! Jay Manuel was actually one of the shows I was hoping to see, but I was only able to land on tickets for Thursday's runway shows.

    Maybe next year I can see either Jay Manuel, or even Pink Tartan + Joe Fresh's show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this collection. Accessories are also amazing. Very nice sharing. Thanks.

    Watch Law & Order TV Show

    ReplyDelete