Saturday, July 16, 2011

Crackle Frenzy Pt Deux- Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat

Last time I posted about crackle nail polish, I clearly remember saying "I'm SOOO over this, OPI, crackle, China Glaze crackle, crackle MADNESS". And here I am, posting about the Sally Hansen crackle nail polish I got when I visited Rite Aid in Pittsburgh. Is there anyway I can justify this? Perhaps it was the "wow I never knew Sally Hansen even had crackle nail polish" combined with the super awesome price that sucked me in. Those bastards.


Moving on...! I picked up the silver and gold crackle just because I felt like it was easier to pair with other colors. However, the pigmentation isn't very strong and requires a thicker coat if you desire a nice contrast between base polish and crackle polish. This results in less cracks and slower dry time which I absolutely have no patience for. All in all, Sally Hansen crackles were bit of a let down.OPI- Mermaid's Tears +Sally Hansen- Antiqued Gold


OPI- Here Again...Aragon Tomorrow + Sally Hansen- Fractured Foil

I'm SO over it. foreal this time.

9 comments:

  1. I thought I was OVER this trend as well...until I saw this post!! Now I'm tempted to try it out for myself!

    stop by!
    http://dreamingchiffon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks pretty good in the second pictures :P I got with OPI anything because all my friends recommend them so highly.

    Yasmeen
    Castle Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the second one, it looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try the crackle nail polish, but I'll always prefer sparkles.

    xox Courtney Michele
    Breakfast in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDERFUL BLOG!
    HI! my name's martina and I come from Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want.... follow me! I wait you and your tips!
    Thanks! kisses, Marti! ;DDDDD
    Glamour Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! :)
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete