Sunday, May 8, 2011

OPI- Pirates of the Caribbean

Just based on looking at the colors below I couldn't have guessed that this collection is based on Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm thinking more along the lines of Care Bear or Something Borrowed. The creme colors making them look sweet and cutesy and not argh ahoy matey let-me-pop-that-eyeball-back-in-myeye-socket colors ifyouknowwhatimean.

They're sold out of silver shatter everywhere but I'm not too bummed about it. It looks kind of cool but lately it's just been shatter overkill especially with China Glaze crackle collection. I also passed on the pinks because I've never had good luck with OPI's consistency for them. As for Planks a Lot, it's a cute color but looks terrible on my skin tone, plus there are endless cheaper dupes such as Grape Pop and Spontaneous by China Glaze.

From left to right: Silver Shatter, Skull and Crossbones, Steady as She Rose, Sparrow Me The Drama, Planks A lot, Stranger Tides, Mermaids Tears


Stranger Tides is dirty murky green. Love love love! Got amazing coverage only with two coats. Only complaint that is that it's so muddy looking it sucked the shine right out of it. This definitely needed a top coat. Similar to Sew Psyched by Essie but much lighter!
Stranger Tides is a dirty jade green. Reminds me a bit of Turquoise and Caicos by Essie. Didn't even realize they were so similar until I saw them side by side. Not a super fan of this as it required 3 coats.

6 comments:

  1. Wow I love Stranger Tides! I really must stop buying polishes lol. Looks great on you.

    Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog dear!
    im following via google. Hope you do the same :)
    MY BLOG: DRESS UP FOR ARMAGEDDON

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours, especially the jade green one!

    ReplyDelete