Thursday, April 7, 2011

Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman

There are many firsts that mark those monumental moments in our lives. It could be a first kiss, first love, first car, first house… or the first time finishing a tube of chapstick. Yes, you read correctly. When I realized my tube of chapstick was completely used up, I had one of those moments. At first I thought the twisty thing just broke. But unconvinced, I peeled off the label to find what is pictured below. My hand was shaking, my heart was racing,and simultaneously THIS started playing in my head.

Finishing an entire tube of chapstick is completely foreign to me because I always either end up losing it… or I end up losing it. This applies to lip gloss, pens, small tubes of hand cream, and even Tide to Go. It was so shocking that I stayed frozen for a couple of seconds.


This monumental moment has brought me one step closer to becoming a woman.

11 comments:

  1. Aw, I loved how you wrote about this experience, it was very funny but nice and that happens to me too, I always lose mines :/

    http://effysteff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. tide to go- that cracked me up. i've bought at least 5 of the tide stain remover pens. and the cap ALWAYS comes off in my purse. it's so wasteful because by the time i notice the damn thing is dried out. why can't i stop buying them?!?! congrats on finishing your first tube of chapstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha this is awesome...love the pic and will also try and be inspired to finish mine instead of losing them :)


    http://themashedup.blogspot.com/
    Lydz xX

    ReplyDelete
  4. milestone. Gotta celebrate when you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!

    i use, and reapply chapstick everywhere like a mad woman. so i finish sticks of chapsticks quite often. it just makes me sad when i finish because it means i need to rebuy :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, this cracked me up... finishing a tube of chapstick really is a strange feeling. i've never thought to peel off the wrapper like that, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ofelia, this post is funny and monumental at the same time!!
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is kind of weird! I don't think I've ever finished my chap stick before. Bravo!

    xx

    sftrend

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahah. Lovely blog.xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha, i dont think i've ever seen an empty one before. great blog
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahah too funny!
    Forever Chic,
    Amber
    http://thehuesmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete