Saturday, April 2, 2011

Line Knitwear Fall 2011

LG Fashion Week came to a close with Line Knitwear's encore show. Formed by good friends John Muscat and Jennifer Wells in 2000,Line really pushes the the boundaries creatively in knitwear.I had the pleasure of interviewing John a couple years ago, and about that time the company had started to venture outside of knitwear and into fur and leather.

The Fall 2011 collection was spectacular. Many pieces are totally wearable right now thanks to the lovely Canadian weather. I absolutely adored the turban knitted toques and intricate braided designs in knitwear. There was a little boho chic feeling to the collection with all the layering and patterns. Last but not least the color coordination was wonderful. Dark purples, cognac, forest greens, turquoise, and sometimes a pop of orange. It's really nice to see a collection that avoided and had minimal black in a Fall collection!











12 comments:

  1. Loving all of the layering and knits. Great post!

    XOXO,

    Britt + Whit
    www.brittandwhit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. when am i gonna get some balls and buy a turban? great pics. thanks for your comment! i'm follow you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater in the 7th photo is my favorite! I love it! :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, thanks for sharing!!

    www.agnesbeautycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really lovely and soo wearable! I really adore this! I can't even choose my favorite... :))

    xxx
    www.sabinasupernova.com - come visit me if you find the time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this post!! if you wont, you can follow me! :)

    http://theempireofsuccess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those head scarves are so damn amazing!
    http://imladystardust.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous collection. Love your blog.

    Check out my blog if you've got time and feel like it. It would mean a lot.
    Karoline Kalvo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. Love all the layers and the dark colors and the fur!

    I'm having a $100 dollar Shopbop giftcard GIVEAWAY on my blog! Come check it out :) It's open to international bloggers as well.

    Collections Giveaway

    ReplyDelete