Friday, April 29, 2011

FAT Toronto Alternative Fashion Week Fall 2011: Day 3 Fashion/Unfashion

Toronto Alternative Arts and Fashion Week is an annual multi-arts event features national and international fashion designers, visual artists, bands and performers each year. Each day includes runway shows, live performances, music, photography exhibits, video screenings and installation exhibits.

I'll be honest, I was pretty overwhelmed as it's the first time I stayed for the whole day. Considering there were 12 shows during the span of 4 hours, you would be too! I was super impressed by the level of creativity in all the shows. I'm not talking about just the clothing, but the styling, different types of model walks that engaged the audience, and the story each show told. Out of all the shows Heidi Ackerman & Lindsay Sinclair, and House of Etiquette stole my heart! Here were some of my favs from each show!


Rachel Sin

Rachel Sin

Rachel Sin

Wani by Saki

Wani by Saki

Aimee Tobolka

Breeyn McCarney- these pictures do not do the designs justice at all. The details are impeccable as it's made out of cotton rag paper!

Heidi Ackerman & Lindsay Sinclair

Heidi Ackerman & Lindsay Sinclair

Ruth Weil

Anastasia Lomonova (Montreal, QC)

Anastasia Lomonova (Montreal, QC)

NRT Fashions (Calgary, Alberta)

NRT Fashions (Calgary, Alberta)

Saint Hollywood by Uta Bekaia (New York, USA)The theatrical portion at the beginning of the show was absolutely stunning! (More pictures to come)

Saint Hollywood by Uta Bekaia (New York, USA)

Haphazard- super cute and hilarious concept. Can't help but giggle as I watch models fight to see through that fabric.

Dystropolis

House of Etiquette - I am so obsessed with this collection. Maybe it's because I'm attracted to bright shiny things?

House of Etiquette - it's hard to see in this picture by the use of clear plastic (right) as stockings is genius creating a shiny greased up effect

5 comments:

  1. love your blog :)
    im following you,will you follow me as well?
    check out mines http://mwanwan.blogspot.com
    thanks
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit the models fighting through the fabric. So funny what some designers make these poor girls do. My favorite: gold sequin jacket by Rachel Sin. I would wear that 1000 times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like some of these. The second Rachel Sin, strapless outfit is nice! -xo
    Ladyofashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!!

    xoxo

    G.

    http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! It's great to see some alternative fashion once in a while aswell. x

    http://itscalledmilli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete